The following is Raoul Wallenberg Centre for Human Rights’ public statement on forced organ harvesting in China — 2017
The state-sanctioned organ pillaging particularly targeting the most vulnerable group in China, and especially singling out the Falun Gong is a standing assault on human rights, the Rule of Law, and China’s international treaty obligations. In a word, this criminal conduct constitutes ongoing crimes against humanity, and there is a collective responsibility for the international community to address and redress this criminality.
In particular, we call upon the international community to:
- Publicly declare and condemn the practice of forced organ harvesting of prisoners of conscience in China;
- Conduct a detailed analysis on state-sanctioned organ harvesting from non-consenting prisoners of conscience;
- Request and demand transparent data from China regarding forced organ harvesting from all prisoners, and in particular prisoners of conscience;
- Hold China accountable to its undertakings – thus far violated – by seeking clear and compelling evidence that forced organ harvesting has ceased; and
- Require China to cease and desist the persecution of the Falun Gong spiritual practice, and demand the immediate release of all Falun Gong practitioners and prisoners of conscience currently detained in China.