2015 – Italian Senate unanimously passed a bill that punishes any person who illegally sell organs from living people with severe sanctions and stiff prison terms
Declarations and Resolutions
- Written declaration, under Rule 136 of Parliament‘s Rules of Procedure, on stopping organ harvesting from prisoners of conscience in China
- Calls on the Government of the People’s Republic of China and Communist Party of China to immediately end the practice of organ harvesting from all prisoners of conscience
- Calling upon the People’s Republic of China to immediately end the practice of forced organ harvesting from all prisoners particularly from Falun Gong prisoners and members of other religious and ethnic minority groups
- Declaring that the Chinese Communist Party has harvested the organs of tens of thousands of prisoners, and called on the Italian Government to take a range of measures against the practice
- Condemning Forced Organ Harvesting and urges the United States government and the U.S. President to investigate organ transplants in China and take all reasonable steps to bring an end to the revolting practice of harvesting organs from living Falun Gong practitioners for transplants
- Calls on the Government of the People’s Republic of China to end immediately the practice of harvesting organs from prisoners of conscience and members of religious and ethnic minority groups
Hearings and Testimonies
June 2016 – US Joint Subcommittee Hearing “Organ Harvesting: An Examination of a Brutal Practice”
- Hearing Held by U.S. Foreign Affairs Committee
- Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Development hearing
- Mr. Edward McMillan-Scott (ALDE), Vice-President of the European Parliament for Human Rights & Democracy and the Unrepresented Nations and People’s Organization (UNPO) convened a seminar on Religious Persecutions in China at the European Parliament in Brussels, Belgium.
December 2012 – US Congressional-Executive Commission on China Hearing “Falun Gong in China: Review and update”
- At the hearing, panels of experts on China and the Falun Gong spiritual movement reviewed the persecution of Falun Gong by the Chinese government and the Communist Party and updated members of the Commission and the general public on recent developments.
- Organ Harvesting of Religious and Political Dissidents by the Chinese Communist Party
- Organ harvesting of religious and political dissidents by the Chinese Communist Party
Debates, Motions and Statements
- Continuing concerns in relation to the practice of harvesting organs from prisoners in the People’s Republic of China, in addition to allegations of an illegal organ harvesting trade in other parts of Asia and in Europe
- Passed by Canadian Subcommittee on International Human Rights of the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Development
- Put on the record that the practice of forced organ harvesting in countries, including China, should not be ignored under any circumstances
- The CPHRC’s new report urges Her Majesty’s Government to consider urgently calling for a United Nations led commission of inquiry into this practice, or to work with other governments to establish an independent, international inquiry through other mechanisms, and to consider all other options for action to stop forced organ harvesting of prisoners of conscience in China.
- The CECC’s latest report recommends Congress and the Administration press Beijing for greater transparency, adherence to universal standards, and development of the rule of law
- New report calls for review of government’s China policy in light of crackdown on human rights in China